Years ago, a friend of mine showed me how he placed an advert on Google and within minutes his phone started ringing. After a while, he would pause his adverts, and instantly the phone calls would stop. This is only the beginning of what can be achieved with digital marketing.
Launching a digital marketing strategy can feel extremely overwhelming especially if you’re not tech-savvy but fear not, we will take you through it step by step and the best is to launch one at a time and see what works and what doesn’t and then once you’re going, put them all together.
Step 1: Email Marketing
Most businesses have without thinking about it collected customer data in some way or form over the years. Why not send clients emails to entice them to buy your product or service or visit your store?
Email through Mailchimp
- Sign up for a free account via https://mailchimp.com/and upload or add your customer’s email addresses
- Create an email using their drag and drop editor
- Send email to your database
Step 2: SMS Marketing
Sending SMS albeit somewhat old fashioned is still very effective as client’s will read the SMS. Be sure to make your message short and concise and include a link to your website or Facebook Page for further info.
SMS through SMSPortal
- Sign up via https://smsportal.com/and purchase SMS credits depending on the number of contacts you have or number of SMS’s you want to send out
- Upload your contacts
- Create your SMS content
- Send the SMS’s to your contacts
Step 3: WhatsApp Marketing
Most people use WhatsApp as their preferred method of communicating and it’s totally free!
Engage with clients through WhatsApp Business
- Sign up for WhatsApp Business via https://www.whatsapp.com/business/
- WhatsApp Business is a free to download app that was built with the small business owner in mind so the client’s contact info should be saved in your phone and they should have your number saved in their phone.
- You can then create a catalog to showcase your products and services and send customers messages to advertise your business or promote specials.
- Download the WhatsApp for Business App onto your phone and the App will prompt you through the rest.
Existing clients are far more likely to shop from you again and it is far easier and cheaper to market to existing clients than to try and gain new ones.
Step 4 and 5 is to Advertise on Google & Facebook:
Facebook & Google ads can get a little more tricky so we’ve covered this topic in our eBook.